View Single Post
Old March 14, 2013, 06:52 PM   #3
ROCK6

I'm actually set. I stumbled on what I thought was only 2000 rounds of .223 but it's those South African tubs totalling 5400 rounds...it was a nice surprise. I also found an ammo can full of those 550rd bricks of .22LR; it has a half-dozen in there.

Even with my stocks, I'm getting into reloading and have been policing up my brass and keeping it. My goal this year is to get my reloading setup for my most used calibers.

I am kicking myself as I passed up several decent deals on .22LR this past year; cases of CCI ammo which I prefer. I despise the morons crying about people should only buy what they need for a range session and not "horde ammo"...I think more people need to buy more often to keep the supply up with a regular demand so there are less cry babies when situations like this hit.

My son and I had the day off on Monday and we had a public range all to ourselves and went through a few thousand rounds of .223, .22LR, 12gauge, 9mm and .45. We even did a few coordinated fire and maneuver drills which was a lot of fun. All of that ammo was just excess stuff already loaded or partial boxes that were set aside for a range session.

My only shortages were .22LR...I wish I had more...like 10,000 more as you can shoot a 1000 rounds or more in training (we have several conversion kits). Also .380 is kind of short for my wife. Her primary CCW is a Bersa and she can go through 200-300 rounds during a regular training session. I would like to have an extra case or two stashed in the future.

Air Soft is an intersting concept. My son and I have done this in the past and it's a pretty good "tool" to practice tactics and maneuver drills. Even the "force on force" exercises are fun and a good way to practice skills, but you do get a false sense of what cover is with plastic pellets. The good news is those little bastards hurt when doing CQB!

ROCK6

Last edited by ROCK6; March 15, 2013 at 07:40 AM.

Page generated in 0.02408 seconds with 8 queries