View Single Post
Old November 24, 2012, 09:08 AM   #5
kraigwy

Just how fast do you want to shoot.

First off I think the inherit accuracy of a bolt is better then a lever, pump, or semi. A single shot bolt gun is going to be more accurate Inherently then a mag. bolt rifle.

But a semi is going to be faster then a pump, a pump is going to be faster then a lever, and a lever is going to be faster then a bolt action.

So what are you shooting. We have mouse gun matches. I shoot a CZ 452 Shooting steel at close range, 6-8 inch plates, poppers, etc. but then we have golf ball stages, or suckers or golf Tees. The semis and pumps cant compete with the bolt guns.

Try this. Set out some golf tees (not golf balls) at 50 yards. See which gun gets the most golf tees in the shortest period of time.

Better yet use some ISU 50ft small bore targets. See which type rifle can clean the targets, as in an English Match. (the10 ring is the size of a pin head).

I can shoot my bolt gun 22s petty fast, but not near as fast as I can my semi's or pumps, but with it comes to pure accuracy, the semis and pumps cant compete with my bolt guns. But then again I can't compete with the semis in the steel targets mentioned above.

Different tools for different games.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02525 seconds with 8 queries