View Single Post
Old July 4, 2012, 09:25 PM   #20
Jason_G

Quote:
Situational awareness isn't magic. Nothing is magic. Many things can help you protect yourself, as have been outlines here. But sometimes, no matter what you do, your adversary is going to be luckier than you.
That's where my head's at, I think. I didn't read the article, but I agree that there are just some things you can't prepare for. Sometimes your ticket just gets punched. I believe in being in "condition yellow" anytime you are out and about, and having a means of defending yourself, as well as visualizing what the most likely threat would be in a place/situation, and what your response should be, but there is a line between preparedness and paranoia. If there's a driver that obviously means you harm (or any other threat, for that matter), and you have the opportunity to notice it, then that's one thing. A truly random shooting (if that's what this was), such as the DC "sniper," etc, is just not something one can really spend their sanity worrying about IMHO.

YMMV.

Jason
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." -Amendment II, Constitution of the United States of America

Page generated in 0.02440 seconds with 8 queries