View Single Post
Old February 11, 2001, 04:47 PM   #6
Quantrill

Star

I bought a Star years ago from a police dept. that did not need it any longer. I used it for years and loaded thousands of rounds of ammo. Mine was NOT the universal model, it was for .38spec only. I thought I wore it out and it sat on my bench for another couple of years. Finally I called the phone number that was on the machine with an address in San Diego. I don't know who I talked to but they gave me another phone number in Northern California. There a man answered and said he was the last of the Star employees and that he would rebuild the reloader but I had to send it out for an evaluation and price. I did this and the price was under $200. He rebuilt it and shipped it back (shipping is expensive, this is a heavy machine). It is now restored and in use again and since I don't shoot as much 38 as I used to, it will probably last my lifetime. Back before Dillon went in buisness (Mike was still flying for TWA) the Star was THE machine to have. The last time price I recall seeing was $1100. If you have the opportunity to get one in good condition, do it. Quantrill

Page generated in 0.02444 seconds with 8 queries