View Single Post
Old October 23, 2009, 01:06 PM   #1
ninjatoth

It's Versus Country

I often watch the whitetail hunting shows on Versus,and wonder "what the heck".I live in Michigan,and an 8 point here is massive,you can't do much better,maybe 200lbs max deer size.I watch them on those shows passing up deer way bigger than I could ever have an opportunity at.They sit and look at dozens of bucks walk by,and they get pretty picky if it isn't a 12 point 300lb buck,and won't shoot anything smaller.Is this what hunting has become?I would have to hunt for 6-7 years to see a dozen bucks.I just think that they should do less shooting and more eating.I am going to get a private land doe tag this year because I think it will taste better than an old stinky buck.I will also by default get a buck license,which I will try to fill,and I will use the buck meat to mix with pork or beef and give it away,but the doe is mine,I like straight venison,pounded and flash fried.I also have one more issue with Versus.They have a commercial about getting thier first deer,and Jeff Foxworthy brags about how he propped his deer up in the bed of his truck and drove around town...?Isn't that the opposite of what we should be doing as responsible hunters?We should be discreet,and clean up before going into town after a kill,and keep the animal hidden from non hunters,right?I don't know,I am pretty new to hunting,but I want to keep the sport alive and real.

Page generated in 0.02360 seconds with 8 queries