View Single Post
Old July 1, 2008, 05:58 PM   #42
HKFan9

I thank everyone for the input and array of knowledge shared. I will admit to not really knowing anything when it comes to black powder pistols, especially compared to all of you. However it's getting a little off topic from my original post so maybe its time to re-holster those ego's.

It'd be nice to own an historically accurate BP revolver, but that day will come when I'm older. My intent wasn't to buy something and go to a war re-enactment with (although I do live about a mile from the Brandywine Battlefield....) I just wanted a big nice looking BP pistol to change up things in my safe, and at the range. I've never had the privilege of shooting a Cap and Ball Revolver and it looks like a lot of fun. Historically accurate gun or not I feel like it's a throw back to the firearm heritage of our country. I'm only 21, so I can't say I've been able to see, or even learn much of that history at all. I grew up around firearms, and tried many hobbies, sports, but always come back to my one true love (hope the g/f doesn't see this) firearms.

So maybe instead of arguing about the historical accuracy you can tell a potential new BP shooter how much fun it is, or how you guys got started into it. Don't get me wrong, I loved reading the good debating, and I probably learned more than I did in the classroom today, but it's kinda off topic?

Page generated in 0.03561 seconds with 8 queries