View Single Post
Old August 6, 2006, 07:31 PM   #4
K-Man

In my opinion, honesty is the best policy. I know I have fallen behind the estimated turnaround time that's been quoted to customers. That has mostly been due to a huge continuous influx of orders, and our shop was closed recently for a couple of weeks while we moved to a new location. The turnaround time should be back on track in a few weeks, as I've already seen an improvement in the ability to get the holsters out quicker since moving to the new shop.

There are things that happen on a day to day basis that may affect the ability to get a holster/belt/magazine pouch out on time. They are too numerous to mention here. You try and operate in a quasi-controlled environment, but anything is possible that can affect the process.

With respect to the credit card being charged, I do not do that until I start on the holster. I've just found that it's easier on both parties doing it that way. One - it's an indicator to the customer that their holster will be shipping soon (if they check their online account activity). Two - if there's a change to the original order that affects the price, it's easier to run that through once rather than going back and forth with debits and credits. Some holster makers do charge as soon as you hang up the phone. There could be any number of reasons for that. I know some holster makers will charge right up front and even do not provide for refunds. My recommendation would be to talk with the holster maker at the time you place the order so you know all of the parameters. You should always retain the right to cancel the order and be provided a refund if your card/account has been charged/debited. If a holster maker (or any business) will not provide a refund, I'd be looking elsewhere.

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Page generated in 0.02328 seconds with 8 queries