View Single Post
Old November 3, 2000, 05:49 PM   #1
LASur5r

What were you doing when you became determined that you were the type of person who was willing to defend your life (and the ones that you love)?

I was in college, when I read of an elderly woman in that town who was hit in the head with a hammer. She was comatose for about a month and she never recovered.
About a week later I was sleeping in my sleeping bag on the side of the bed in the one bedroom apartment that three of us college/blue collar workers rented. We all worked on different shifts so we rarely were home at the same time.
I heard rustling noises at our chest of drawers during the day about noon, I thought it was one of my roomies, so I just half sat up to see which one it was, when I saw that that shape did not match either of my two roommates.
I yelled! He yelled!
It turned out to be the apartment manager.
I jumped on the bed to land next to the perp, grabbed a handful of shirt and threatened him.
He said he was there to fix the leaky faucet. I asked him to empty his[pockets)swiftly.
Gee! Funny how there were some of my friend's jewelry there.
I chased him out of the apartment because we knew where he lived.
The next day, I purchased my first Beretta semi-auto in 1965.
When I got to the dry river bed outside of town to try it out, I knew I did the right thing.

Page generated in 0.02454 seconds with 8 queries