View Single Post
Old January 2, 2017, 03:58 PM   #103
Metal god

RC20 :

My last post was to show how I found that lubes effect case sizing and in no way was to recommend any of the ways I explained . Most of that took way to much time to size cases and made it so you had to measure every single case after sizing . It took for ever to size cases with shims and extra lube . I was on this every case had to be exactly the same kick and IMHO it's totally not worth the time and effort .

I then went to the comp shell holders ( one of my most important tools ) and now I can consistently size cases with no extra effort involved . I no longer use the wax or oneshot but instead use a home brew of lanolin and alcohol mostly do to cost . I can easily do 20x more cases with the home brew . I also just excepted that I was not going to get the exact measurement I was trying for . Instead of having a case head space of 1.619 I get 1.618 to 1.6185 . Not a big deal really , It was just taking up to much of my time trying to get that last .0005 accuracy .

So keep that in mind when you read that above post . It was only to show JH is correct . Case lube does effect case size if you have hard contact with shell holder .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; January 2, 2017 at 11:12 PM.

Page generated in 0.02943 seconds with 8 queries