View Single Post
Old October 21, 2011, 07:06 PM   #55
buck460XVR

Quote:
Nonsensical arguments do not change the facts that driving an ATV to a stand and then hunting from that stand is neither hunting nor sporting. It is just shooting something.
Basically all forms of hunting is just shooting something. Whether you still hunt, spot and stalk or take a stand. I hunt in many varied terrains from big woods public land to small parcels of private land. Each takes a different form of hunting. Altho I prefer to still hunt or spot and stalk with a gun, on some of the small parcels(40 acres and less) I hunt it's impossible, so taking a stand and waiting is the only sensible method. On big parcels of public land with thousands of acres available to me, I love to sneak hunt and catch bucks in their beds. Over the last decade it has been with handguns....success rate is low, but satisfaction is high. Do the days I spend in a stand make me a lesser hunter? Bow hunting is all about sitting....and sitting for hours. Many don't have the patience it takes to do that....that's why they don't bow hunt. Are bow hunters lesser hunters than those wandering around aimlessly, accidentally spot their quarry at 700 yards and then shoot it with a high powered center-fire rifle? What is different about duck hunting over water with decoys as opposed to hunting deer over a food plot? Whats different about calling in a bull elk with a cow call as opposed to luring him in with artificial scents? It all comes down to getting something in your sights and shooting it........legally. Hunters are a minority in America and have plenty of opposition. For hunters to trash other hunters over ethics issues that are perfectly legal, humane and safe is stupid and immature. If you don't like a method, don't use it, but don't give ammo to the antis by openly trashin' a fellow hunter that uses legal tactics. Unsafe, inhumane and illegal practices are a different story. I don't use a 4wheeler and I don't hunt high fence ranches, but I don't feel a need to trash those that do. Seems there is always at least one of these self proclaimed "one shot Bwanas" that have never missed and/or never lost an animal and have only shot them after stalking them thru snake infested swamps for seven miles. That's the magic of the internet......

Page generated in 0.02141 seconds with 8 queries