View Single Post
Old April 20, 2019, 01:10 PM   #78
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Blanca View Post
Back then, we accepted that a nuclear war might happen, and we prepared for it as well as possible. End of story.
Great story.

Again, one could have happened. One actually has happened. That alone is a pretty dramatic difference. There is also a notable difference between ducking under a desk and, as was the case in some of these examples, having someone pretend to execute your teacher in front of you. One is dramatically more personal than the other. Are both dead in each case? Sure, but some deaths are more detached than others. It's why the quote about a single death being tragic and a million deaths being a statistic continues to exist.

I get it. Every generation that has come and gone has their stories of how times and people were tougher in their day. That's great, but it somehow doesn't negate all arguments about today.

I imagine some person sitting there saying, "Heck, you people got to walk to school? In my day we didn't have a school. We just watched if the other kid died and then didn't do that." See how silly it can get?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TunnelRat; April 21, 2019 at 09:14 AM.

Page generated in 0.02078 seconds with 8 queries