View Single Post
Old November 19, 2008, 12:57 AM   #35
alienbogey

1. Elk hunting with a traditional muzzleloader, end of day went to fire it to clear the load (I don't like leaving it charged and uncapped overnight) and the cap popped. My buddy was really disgusted because we had agreed I had first shot that day. 5 caps later if fired, still not sure why, hasn't misfired since.

2. No-powder reload in a single action revolver. The primer pushes the bullet just far enough into the barrel to bind the cylinder.

3. Light primer strikes in a SAA which is going to the smith to fix.

A much more interesting one (though not first person).

> I attended a brief by a Russian pilot who defected in his Mig-29. He overpowered the guard (and got shot in the process), climbed into the Fulcrum and took off. Because he was REALLY mad at the Soviet government he cleaned up, got some knots and altitude, then returned for a strafing pass down the entire flight line. About 25 fighters were all parked in a row, he got them lined up in the gun site, squeezed the trigger and.....nothing - he'd forgotten the master arm switch. Because he was bleeding and worried about fuel and being interecepted he then hauled ass for Turkey rather than make another pass.

Page generated in 0.03847 seconds with 8 queries