View Single Post
Old April 29, 2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Gary Slider

New Mexico Drops Numerous States From Handgunlaw.us

New Mexico has dropped Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas & West Virginia from the list of states they honored.

New Mexico will now only honor 5 states which are Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota & Oklahoma.

Of the states they dropped.
Colorado, Delaware, Louisiana, Ohio and West Virginia will drop New Mexico for sure as these states require Signed Agreements or the other state must honor them before they will honor that state.

Arkansas and Texas will most likely drop New Mexico but I am not 100% positive on that but 99% sure they will from what both states have done in the past.

Kansas will continue to honor New Mexico as they list states they will honor based on a states law being similar to theirs without the other state honoring them.

Michigan & Tennessee honor all other states and will continue to honor New Mexico.

William Hubbard is the new man in charge of the NMPDS Concealed Carry Unit. He is the one making these decisions. From what I understand he is the one who is appointed by law to make the decisions. This major change by one person is most likely making huge waves in New Mexico. We will never learn just how big of waves but I believe there is a tsunami brewing.

Every state that boarders New Mexico except for Oklahoma which only has the Tip of its Panhandle touching New Mexico are now not welcome in New Mexico if they carry a firearm. All those citizens were welcome in the not to distant past. Also Colorado and most likely Texas will drop New Mexico and then citizens of New Mexico will not be welcome in those states if they want to carry their defensive firearm. That will cause a lot of calls, emails and letters to start flowing to politicians and an election is coming up. Those Politicians don’t want any waves right now that they don’t need. So it will be very interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks. I am hoping for the best. I also what to say I don’t know anymore about the Why’s of this any more than you do.

I am updating all the States pages at www.handgunlaw.us to reflect this change in who New Mexico Honors and who will honor them. It is a lot of work and hoping to get it all up late this evening. I have just returned from a weekend away. The Create a Map Application is the tough job. To make a state blue showing it honors another state is simple. To change it to show it doesn’t honor it any longer requires Steve to completely rebuild a new map for each state. That change will not happen for awhile and I will put that info on the Notice Page for the Create a Map Application.

FYI

NMDPS Concealed Carry Unit
6301 Indian School Rd NE Ste. 310
Albuquerque, NM 87110
(505) 841-8053

http://www.dps.nm.org/index.php/nm-concealed-carry/
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Page generated in 0.02274 seconds with 8 queries