View Single Post
Old August 26, 2009, 09:48 AM   #117
jgcoastie

Quote:
and at least SC and presumably Alaska also prescribe criminal penalties for doing so,
AS 11.61.220. Misconduct Involving Weapons in the Fifth Degree.
(a) A person commits the crime of misconduct involving weapons in the fifth degree if the person

(1) is 21 years of age or older and knowingly possesses a deadly weapon, other than an ordinary pocket knife or a defensive weapon,

(A) that is concealed on the person, and, when contacted by a peace officer, the person fails to

(i) immediately inform the peace officer of that possession; or

(ii) allow the peace officer to secure the deadly weapon, or fails to secure the weapon at the direction of the peace officer, during the duration of the contact;

(B) that is concealed on the person within the residence of another person unless the person has first obtained the express permission of an adult residing there to bring a concealed deadly weapon within the residence;

Most of my friends houses are on base which means I can't carry there anyway. Those who do not reside on base (I can thing of three off the top of my head) are very close friends who also carry and we have discussed carrying at length in the course of normal conversation at work. I have been to the range with all of them and permission has been granted for me to carry in their home with the obvious exception of consumption of alcoholic beverages. If I am carrying in their home and I really want a beer or any other alcoholic beverage, I go out to my truck, disassemble my Glock, lock the frame in the glove box, lock the slide/barrel in the center console, and turn over all magazines/ammo to my buddy for safe storage in their safe. I've got extra mags at home and they'll bring the ones I turned over to work on monday.

BTW: I think a lot of people are really overthinking this...
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Last edited by jgcoastie; August 26, 2009 at 09:58 AM.

Page generated in 0.02349 seconds with 8 queries