Thread: New Saeco
View Single Post
Old September 22, 2017, 11:53 PM   #1
Beagle333

New Saeco

Got a new one today (new to me, that is). It's a Saeco, which I find to be wonderful molds and they always cast like a dream. You have to use the genuine Saeco handles, which are quite pricey, but you only need one set unless you really have a nice collection of Saeco molds. I only have about 3 or 4 of them.

This one is a .45 Colt mold, 255gr SWC, gas checked.
Normally I wouldn't use a GC mold for any .45 shooting, but I wanted to use these in my Rossi 92 and I really hate to clean any lead out of a rifle, so the GC should really lower the chances of that chore being required.

'Anybody else got anything happening from their pots and the beautiful silver stream this weekend? I think that before I can consider casting anything, I'm going to have to declare war on about a thousand red wasps that live in my casting shed now. I haven't been out there since April 6 (I know, because that was my last post showing any bullets) and the flying critters have been allowed to populate freely all summer. And a nice tin shed with several wooden shelves in it is pretty much the natural habitat of the American Red Wasp.

'Makes me itch and burn just thinkin' about it!
Have a Colt and a smile.

Page generated in 0.02975 seconds with 8 queries