View Single Post
Old May 28, 2002, 09:51 AM   #3
Gomez

I guess what I'm going for here is this; I believe that being able to use the pistol inside of 3M is high priority. Most fights happen in very tight quarters. Traditional "draw & shoot" training doesn't usually address this. I consider it important to incorporate techniques into your fundamental skillsets that allow you to effectively use the pistol at these distances. Safe gunhandling, sight alignment, trigger control, all have to be there before you can take advantage of the more esoteric skills, but there is a significant "survivability" payoff to the esoteric skills.

Having said that, I consider the ability to move safely in a 360-degree environment is mandatory. The ability to engage threats within arms reach is mandatory [ie a retention position]. The ability to rapidly & accurately place hits is mandatory. The knowledge & abilities to run and keep the gun running are mandatory.

Any thoughts?

Page generated in 0.02450 seconds with 8 queries