View Single Post
Old October 23, 2015, 09:57 AM   #39
straytopcat

I know this is being posted quite a while after this thread was last updated. However, I am also having trouble with the Remington core-lokd 30-06 ammunition. My son and I both have brand new Savage 30-06 rifles. We have had similar issues, for 2 hunting season's running. Last year we had2 hang fires and 2 no-fires from one box of Remington 150 Gr PSP ammo, in my son's Savage axis. I tried to fire the 2 no-fires from my rifle, and they did not fire from that rifle either. We took my son's rifle to a gunsmith, and he verified that the firing pin was operating correctly, good protrusion and forace, and the no-fires had good primer dents in them. This year, we were shooting core-lokd 180 gr, and it happened again. 2 no-fires in my son's rifle (same rifle), one fired in my rifle, and 1 did not. I contacted Remington, with full details of what happened, and sent the no-fires to them. The only response was thank you for bringing this to our attention, and here is a box of Ammo. I guess I should be happy for the free box of ammo, but I sure would like to know what is going on.

Page generated in 0.02146 seconds with 8 queries