View Single Post
Old October 30, 2013, 05:44 PM   #22
Metal god

UPDATE

DISASTER

OK maybe not a disaster but the rifle shot so bad today I almost chucked it in the dirt . I started out shooting a load I worked up a little while ago that always shot moa or better . I could not get it to shoot less the 1.5 moa . I brought some Fed GMM with me for reference because I can shoot one little raged hole with it . OOPS not any more , best group might have been 1.3 moa . I played with the torque and nothing seemed to help .

There was one thing that may have saved the day or rifle for that matter . A couple days ago I was looking through all my notes and targets . I noticed something I thought was odd .

38.5gr of any one of three powders with any one of three bullets shot great .
Imr-4895
Viht N-540
IMR 4064
175gr smk
178gr A-MAX
190gr smk

As long as the charge is 38.5gr I can use any of the above in any combo and get great results . All groups were sub moa and about half of those were 1/2 moa or better .

So I loaded some 175gr smk with 38.5gr of IMR-4064 in PPU cases and I loaded 178gr A-MAXs with IMR-4064 in WCC-06 cases . and shot sub moa with both and if I were to guess I'd say the worst was 1/2 moa . So , at least I know the rifle can still shoot . I now just need to confirm and or even find it's happy place .

Although that load does shoot well It does not have the velocity I'm looking for . My notes say those loads are in the low 2,400fps range and I was really hoping for low to mid 2500fps range . Those loads will do 800yds but I was hoping for more

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.04128 seconds with 8 queries