View Single Post
Old September 23, 2013, 09:40 AM   #56
Mystro

The only difference is the recoil pad and Grade 4 verses Grade 3 French walnut. No one I have talked to can tell the wood apart other than to say they are the nicest they have ever seen. If you can find one locally, buy it. You won't be disappointed. Prices are all over starting at MSRP and seem be going up. Forget about a discount, it wont happen because there is only a small amount of these guns produced. Factor in Winchester and the JOC Center agreed this is the ONLY tribute gun to be ever produced by Winchester and was done especially for the aniversary of the Model 70 so ALOT of stars aligned to make this a very very special rifle.
A average feather weight M70 made in SC is extremely hard to get. Many have been looking on several forums. A JOC Custom Shop Feather Weight in 270 is as rare as it gets. It will only go up in value regardless how you look at it. So a gun you can actually hunt with that will appreciate is a no brainer. The demand will only increase over time. The only down fall is the initial cost $$$$ of admission.

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Last edited by Mystro; September 23, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.03737 seconds with 8 queries