View Single Post
Old March 22, 2013, 01:32 AM   #1
Habaz72

Reloading for Rifles

Earlier I made a post about my coming home present but didn't really ask a question. When I get home from Afghanistan I should have a Lee Classic Turret press waiting for me and I'm starting my homework now.

I've been reloading .45 ACP ammo on a Lee Hand Press and have been having fun with it. With the new press I expect to increase my volume (after becoming familiar with the operation) for .45 ammo. With the turret press I"m also going to add 9mm and .308 Win to my lineup of handloading. I am buying the Lee deluxe rifle dies that can resize full length or just the neck and I'm getting a case trimmer. I already have safety glasses, a beam scale, primer pocket cleaner, case tumbler, lee dipper set, bullet puller, and a set of calipers. With the press I'm getting a kit that includes the Lee Pro Auto Disk and double disk kit, rifle powder charging die, and the safety prime.

My intent is to make quality hunting ammo for our bolt rifles. Our most likely game will be hogs and deer in GA. I have a Ruger Gunsite Scout (16" Barrel) and my wife has a Remington 770 (22" Barrel). I realize I'll probably be working up two different loads due to the large difference in barrel lengths.

My questions are:
Am I missing anything that I'd need to start in on .308?
Any good powder recommendations?

Page generated in 0.03632 seconds with 8 queries