View Single Post
Old June 4, 2012, 06:57 AM   #6
Hansam

Quote:
Id check local law on a loaded long gun in the vehicle. If they arent loaded then there isnt as much of a need for them to be accessable.
Its legal to transport unloaded and uncased long arms in a vehicle in my state. Unloaded meaning that there can't be ammunition in the firearm or in a magazine (detachable or not) that is attached to the firearm.

Both would be unloaded however I'd have a loaded magazine for the 10/22 in the center console of my truck. The shotgun... well I've always got shells in the back of my truck in an ammo case. The reason for this is critters. Too often I find myself coming across a critter (varmint) when coming home late at night either tearing into my garbage or digging up the garden etc. The problem I have then is if I park, go inside my home and get a firearm (I don't feel like wasting a .45acp on a coon or rabbit) and come back out the varmint has high tailed it out of the area. Be easier if I could park, get out, get the 10/22, slip the mag in and take the shot.

Quote:
It doesn't matter where you live anymore, an unattended gun in plain sight is going to be stolen. Put them in a hanging case behind the front seats, the kind with a loop over the top of the front seat, that should keep them out of sight.
Luckily for me I know all my neighbors and they're all trustworthy. That said I don't believe in having the firearms in plain sight from the exterior of the truck. Even with tinted windows a rifle and/or shotgun hanging in a window is an invitation for a break in. That's why I was considering the ceiling of the truck somehow - as was posted by someone else there's a lot of unused real estate up there. Hanging a case behind the front seats isn't an option. I have kids and regularly cart my kids around as well and they'd kick the case, spill juice/milk/water on the case and everything else kids do in your car.

Page generated in 0.02578 seconds with 8 queries