View Single Post
Old June 13, 2008, 03:20 PM   #53
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
1 Gangbangers out on the street after 22 arrests by their 17th birthday.
2 Underage illegally carrying weapons
3 Attack a citizen in his own front yard, not one, but three times- police do nothing (must be busy writing speeding tickets)
4 Citizen defends himself IN HIS OWN FRONT YARD FROM ARMED CRIMINAL has to worry about going to prison
5 Gangstas think prison is a joke, for them prison is a revolving door vacation
6 Other gun owners support this kind of thinking
Not my intent to justify the results of our judicial system. Although, I have not seen a better one and I have travelled and lived all over the world.

Many of the points you made above you did not know at the time so it wouldn't have helped your case. Anyway, based on your story you weren't on your own property but in the street. I think even in Florida you would have been sent to prison if you had opened up on those men in your ambush. I think there are some other posts here are worth reading like gvf and keltyke.

Also, if you had killed one or more of them then the gang really would have wanted your blood and you know if somebody wants you dead they will probably get you. What they did later on was just mess with you. Had you killed some of their own then they would have had to "save face" and kill you.

All this because of a guy who yelled and cussed at your wife?:barf: Much better to descalate the situation and leave.

Again, I say you were lucky and if the lesson you learned was that you should have killed any of those gangsters rather than not then you learned a bad lesson and might have to pay for it one day. I hope not.

Last edited by Tennessee Gentleman; June 13, 2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Page generated in 0.03700 seconds with 8 queries