Thread: Justification?
View Single Post
Old August 17, 2006, 08:36 PM   #7
Epyon

Curious...

I've yet to have the opportunity to attend a large protest in my area, but how exactly are police supposed to conduct themselves? Aren't they to just make sure there is no violence and as long as that is the case then they are to take no action in order to disperse the crowd? I hear many protests that go against big government (such as the heavy protesting against globalization and during the year the Republican convetion was held in NY the media did its best to hide the fact there were many who were on the streets in protest) are usually dispersed by police even if there was no need to use force. I'm not hating on cops, but its sad when government orders people to shut up and stay quiet. Also what I don't understand is, why do we need a permit to protest? If it's our right to protest and petiton why should we have to seek to pay for permission, especially if it's on public grounds?

Epyon

P.S: UCF has a Free Speech grounds, one of the better places to be able to protest without a permit. I think we need more of those kinds of areas in parks and such, especially near government buildings not blocking entrances, but visible to the public.
Vote Epyon for president in 2008, if you vote for Epyon all of your wildest dreams will come true: This campaign was brought to you by Epyon; funded in part by the Pizza Party, Surprise Party, Birthday Party, and Slumber Party.

Page generated in 0.02225 seconds with 8 queries