View Single Post
Old March 3, 2011, 07:06 PM   #8
Skans

I've seen the sten parts kits. You can't change them to be grip fed. The grip is too far rearward - for lots of reasons - it just ain't going to work.

Regardless, unless you are a Class II manufacturer (a FFL holder licensed to manufacture firearms or Type-07 license that has paid a Special Occupational Tax Stamp or SOT) , it is simply illegal to build ANY machineguns here in the US. Even if you had the proper license, all you could do with it is sell it to law enforcement or the military. Well, this is just the tip of the red-tape iceberg.

The bottom line: Making an illegal machinegun isn't worth it for 2 reasons: the penalties are HUGE; and you will most likely just end up making a useless pile of junk. If you live in the US, and have a burning desire to make machine guns - then maybe go to work for an SOT and learn what it takes to make it a career. I'm sure there are plenty of folks here in the US who routinely manufacture machineguns legally.

Also, if you are asking us (and I'm not sure that you are) how to go about building a Sten machinegun out of a parts kit and a $150 tube, that's something that the Mods aren't going to let you use this forum for.

Page generated in 0.03027 seconds with 8 queries