View Single Post
Old October 10, 2017, 06:45 AM   #25
JohnKSa
Staff

You're going to get some bounce, but if the gun is resting against a padded surface it shouldn't affect accuracy. It's when it's on a hard surface that the problems show up.
Quote:
I really wonder- what influence does recoil have on a group .... of everything else is right??-
Recoil affects the point of impact to some extent (though the effect is much smaller in most autopistols than in revolvers) but it doesn't really affect the group size (accuracy), other than by the effects it has on the shooter.
Quote:
The round is long gone when recoil begins isn't it?
Recoil begins the instant that the bullet begins to move. As soon as the bullet starts moving, Newton's laws of motion require that the gun (or at least part of the gun) must begin moving as well and the motion of the gun is recoil.

Here's a video of various firearms being fired in super slow-motion. At about 29 seconds into the video there is one place where it is possible to see the slide move before the bullet exits the barrel. At 1:35 there's a better shot where it's very obvious that the slide and barrel are recoiling well before the bullet leaves the barrel.

https://youtu.be/HElQk2wEY5w

But it does happen very fast and therefore its effect tends to be very consistent. The reason people tend to be less accurate with heavy recoiling guns is because it's harder to focus on shooting and not anticipate the shot/flinch when you know you're going to get whacked by heavy recoil when the gun goes off.

I'm not sure what to think about your comments that the recoil is strong. Normally a full-sized 9mm pistol would be considered to have light recoil. I'm thinking it might be time to have another experienced shooter try the gun.

Page generated in 0.03210 seconds with 8 queries