Thread: Bearcat?
View Single Post
Old August 14, 2018, 10:44 PM   #12
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgael View Post
I had one. I wanted a small .22 that i could carry in my hunting vest while walking the Uplands. I picked up a Bearcat. Cute gun. Nicely made......but being all steel, it turned out to be too heavy in the vest and just a bit too long and the grip was smaller than i liked and......and i traded it in on a S&W 317 Airlite snubbie which has been ideal.
Bearcat...24oz. Empty.
S&W 317....11oz loaded
IMO, this is the biggest problem with the Bearcat. It's a small revolver, sure, but it weighs too much for what it is. If Ruger were to use aluminum for the frame to lighten it up, I'd have to re-think the Bearcat as more than a novelty gun.

My current light .22 revolver is an NAA Minimaster. It's only 5 shots, but it's a .22 Mag/LR combo and it weighs less than 12 oz. The trigger does take getting use to, but once you learn it, you'll be surprised how far you can hit with it.

The Bearcat not being a spur trigger means it likely would be easier to shoot with quicker than the NAA and that's about the only advantage.

Nice looking revolvers the Bearcats are, but I think the design is clearly dated under the "kit gun" philosophy.

Page generated in 0.02633 seconds with 8 queries