View Single Post
Old April 4, 2013, 07:01 PM   #5
GeoP

@Spats. Thank you. Yes I have looked there on handgunlaw. I appreciate the effort. but for example the first place I looked was the NJ section because I know they have two non carry permits; one to seemingly qualify you to "buy," and one to own. The first one looks to allow you to transport unloaded weapons. I do not think the weapon's serial number is on one of the permit types. In DC the serial number is on the only permit type, and you must always have it with the gun.

I had hoped that others in states with "strong" laws might know how it works in their state might chime in

And no, in DC you can't put the same handgun on two permits. That would be the no brain solution you and I both though of but the law writers did not.

My wife has two NRA certificates and given that hse has a sec clearance she an pass the NCIS, The city will not administer the NCIS to allow her to touch a weapon without a unique solely owned handgun

My last call they asked if I could find out about how other states handled this.

@armored. I will probably get two weapons. It is kind of sickening since the minimum FFL fee alone here is $125 . I am really doing this for future persons as I don't have confidence anything would change in a year or two.

@willy. than you. I do know there are two non carry documents in NJ. That is what I was refering to.
From what I read the does NOT require a gun. It enable you to buy a gun but also apparently to handle one with permission. no?

In DC you cannot get a permit to buy a gun. You must buy the gun, keep at the DC FFL and AFTER you have it there, apply for a permit to posses a gun --- owned but not yet possessed by you in the FFL's custody as the serial number.

Last edited by GeoP; April 4, 2013 at 07:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.02937 seconds with 8 queries