View Single Post
Old December 16, 2005, 06:57 PM   #39
stephen426

I hate to go off topic about this but this thought is related to the thread...

So what do we do about these messed up kids? Do we try them as adults regardless of what terrible stuff has happened to them during their childhood to make them these monsters? Do we try their parents for not teaching them better? I'm sure there are some messed up kids with good parents that just don't know how to control them. I have cousins by marriage that were adopted by my wife's uncle and aunt. They have some serious issues even though they were never abused (A little spoiled maybe but never abused). One of them has ADHD and a myriad of other problems. The other is smart af a fox and crafty as one too. This is a really tough situation. Is it possible to rehabilitate these kids or does sending them to juvenile detention centers just harden them and surround them with more messed up kids.

There probably is no right answer for this but I really don't buy the fact that these kids don't know right from wrong. Maybe their reality is somewhat warped but I just don't buy the "I didn't know any better" BS. If a kid points a gun at me, I guess I will have to default to my basic self preservation mode. If I can disarm him, I will do so. If I can't... well, I guess I'll have to do what I'll have to do.

Page generated in 0.03408 seconds with 8 queries