View Single Post
Old May 18, 2016, 08:10 PM   #1
rjinga

“Red Dawn” at the Range

I tried out my new targets today at the range. Each one was cut from an 11 x 17 plain paper copy and then attached inside the lid of a copy paper box. I put it inside the box lid so that it would have a dark, but at the same time not too big, background. Also, as you can see in one of the 50 yd photos, when the sun is in the right position, it also casts a shadow for an even more realistic effect.

I was shooting ZQI and PPU ammunition out of my Century Arms C308 rifle, using the iron sights only.

The first photo shows the relative size of the target at 15 yds compared to a dime. The next photo is five shots at the torso, and then five shots at the head, while standing and using the sling. The last photo is nine out of ten (I can’t believe I pulled one shot that bad) snap shots.

When taking the snap shots, I held the rifle with the bottom edge of the butt touching my shoulder and the muzzle pointed straight down range and toward the ground at a 45% angle. With each shot, I’d bring the rifle up, get a quick sight picture, and then fire. (I do have a shot timer app on my phone, and I tried to use it; however, I don’t have it figured out yet)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-05-18, 15 yd comparison.jpg (131.9 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-05-18, 15 yds, standing with sling.jpg (110.1 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-05-18, 15 yds, snap shooting.jpg (105.0 KB, 82 views)

Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm; PTR 91, GI model; Chinese Type 56 SKS; Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm

Page generated in 0.04346 seconds with 9 queries