View Single Post
Old October 30, 2011, 07:53 AM   #5
flashhole

Jepp wrote "By adjusting a full length die to a higher position relative to the shell holder, you can keep the shoulder from being contacted by the die body. This can result in only sizing the neck and case body. If you raise it even further, it can only size the neck of the case and never contact the case body enough to resize it. So depending upon how you adjust your die, it can full length size with shoulder set back, size the body and neck, and size only the neck of the case. "

I'm going to add to Jepp's comment - Raising the die such that it does not contact the shoulder can have an undesirable affect, that being - if the body is being sized down the brass must move in some fashion and will usually result in the case getting longer. There is a good chance the shoulder will be moved forward causing the case to not chamber in your gun.

Your best bet is to figure out your guns chamber so you know exaclty how you should adjust your die, regardless of the die used. I find one of these to be very helpful when setting up FL dies. I made one for myself specific to each cartridge.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/746...28-30-calibers

Are you ready for civil war?

Page generated in 0.03694 seconds with 8 queries