View Single Post
Old January 20, 2019, 07:45 AM   #218
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
I would like to know where you get your info. You say the LC9S outsells the Pro model without the safety. Ok, just point me in the direction to see those sales comparisons.
I have the LC9s with a safety and I can tell you right now that this trigger now down to 4lbs of pull is too light after the take up a very fast glass break and BANG. Hickcock45 himself said, "These Striker fired guns are getting triggers so light, The Ruger LC9s is so light, it is almost like a target pistol"

That said, you may be right. More sales of the Pro without safety. Why, because there are thousands of Newbies that are buying guns and listening to internet jockeys telling them that a light crisp trigger without a safety is great and that is why they call it the "PRO". Everybody wants to be a Pro. Even Newbies.
Now, You can carry along a trigger like this, but if you think I am going to take internet advice from carry this light trigger, without a safety, you have to be on another planet from myself, I will use common sense and pass and be pleased to no end that you are carrying one. (as long as you are not near me or my family) Go for it!

There is also the well known fact (and a book) about how the body reacts. Just like your eyes flinching. In a high duress life threatening encounter, it is known that the a shooter will out of fear place his finger on the trigger. It is natural for the muscles of the human body to constrict, these include the finger, muscles of the hand, wrist etc.
Now of course I am talking about a mortal man. How many police officers may after pulling the trigger wished they had a stronger trigger pull"

You want to chance it, fine, I really hope you do. Me, I will pass. There is NO TAKING BACK A BULLET.

And I do not think the MOSSBERG will make the Glock obsolete, (of course not), but there will be many attracted to this firearm.
By the way, Not only is the grip different, more like a 1911 which many people love, but they also looked at the Glock 43 extractor and did a better design to prevent extraction failures that were occurring with the 43.

If I were a betting man, I would put good money that the Mossberg is a big hit. And guess what? There are many that will like the crossbolt safety. It might be a very easy to use design in a Pistol. Hey Glock has them for after market.

And I really like the way they make the striker channel so easy to clean without having to break down the gun. It seems Mossberg has come up with a better mouse trap. I am totally happy with my Present carry, do not need another Micro. But if I really like the Mossberg after shooting one, and the grip fits me better than a Glock, I may just get one and I will get one with the safety.

By the way, I do not hate Glocks. One the contrary, I think they are great guns, Just hate the Glock myth, and the people that tout guns they have never even shot or handled.
And I do not think they are UGLY. I like the simplicity of design. If one fit better and had a double action, I could quite possibly own one.
Not sure why you(and 44amp) think I’m trying to convince you of something or I’m criticizing what gun you like. As you mentioned, try ‘em, get the one ya like. I tried a bunch(including a Ruger LC9s, with safety) and settled on Glock(42,43,19,17). They work for me(and my sons...5 Glocks between them, youngest bought a -45 yesterday) but these days, lots and lots of choices. Lots of styles, lots of calibers, lots of features, weights, materials...easy to get gun fever. But this discussion is a typical ‘FordvsChevyVsMopar’ discussion...no answer.
BTW, between 3 Glock 43s and probably 3000 rounds, never have seen and extraction failure....on the Colt 1911 I rented, one. On my Ruger LC9s I sold(traded), lots.

But this thread does seem like it’s sport to not like those who DO think Glock is ‘perfect’ for them. I do, like my hammer, it works, is comfy, is reliable...perfect tool for me.

"Tools not Trophies”

Last edited by USNRet93; January 20, 2019 at 08:28 AM.

Page generated in 0.03355 seconds with 8 queries