View Single Post
Old January 5, 2020, 03:50 AM   #6
burrhead

This rifle has the original 26" barrel with the funny raised boss. I'm going to replace it with a 24" with the same thin contour minus the boss and sights. This is one of three 722s I own, the others being a 308 and a triple deuce.

As to mixing stainless and blue, some like oranges and some like apples. I like the look. I met the smith I'm going to use when he was building pistols for Virgil Tripp back when Virgil had his shop in Alpine Texas. He's a real gunsmith who has done work for me in the past and I trust him. His name is Colby Brandon in Ft. Davis Texas

I'm staring 70 in the eye and this isn't my first goat rope. The sensible thing to do would be to sell this gun and buy a Remchester in 243 and be done with it. But I have the money and time to have something built I want, not need. In a few years I'm going to give this gun to my niece and I hope her now 1 year old takes his first deer with it in 10-12 years. I only want it for shooting Axis does and those miniature WT over in the Texas Hill Country. None of this is really practical, just something I want.

I'm offended by people that are easily offended.

Last edited by burrhead; January 5, 2020 at 03:56 AM.

Page generated in 0.02788 seconds with 8 queries