View Single Post
Old December 12, 2019, 05:52 PM   #14
labnoti

I agree with the sentiment about letting her choose based on her desires, but those desires or wants should be informed desires. The kind of information any person needs to make a good choice for a carry firearm is well-covered by other sources such that it wouldn't be prudent for me to attempt to rehash it here in this little post.

I will comment on the little revolvers mentioned. They are one of the hardest guns to shoot well. They have everything -- everything -- working against them. I am a "revolver guy," but I would never give anyone a j frame or LCR, and I don't think revolvers are best for most people. If a person does desire a revolver, start with a K frame or 3" GP100 and get expert with it before going any smaller or to a more difficult trigger and a lighter gun with more recoil.

If a person really appreciates the DAO manual of arms, I suggest Kahr. The Shield EZ uses a grip safety to simplify the manual of arms with a single-action trigger. Glock and similar just use some trigger slack, which makes the holster and concealment garment more critical. That's part of the equation I can't address just with gun models. Part of an "informed desire" is understanding how a gun will interact with the person in terms of the holster and their dress.

Page generated in 0.02426 seconds with 8 queries