View Single Post
Old December 8, 2014, 12:59 PM   #3
marine6680

What kind of shooting are you wanting to do? That will play a big role in what scope works best.

For the smallest groups possible, you may want a 20x scope. There are disadvantages to a high power scope though. One being that you really start needing high quality glass, as imperfections are more noticeable in high magnification. Meaning higher cost.

If you want to shoot at man sized sillouete targets then it's less of a concern for small as possible group size. A simple 10x would do fine.

Variable magnification would be little use to you either way. A fixed power has the benefit of costing less for similar quality.

I say the SWFA SS scopes would work well. They are tough, good glass and not expensive. They are on sale for $250 right now, and people claim the glass is as good as some other scopes costing 3-4x more. The special price includes rings as well, but I suggest a cantilever mount, and SWFA has theirs on sale for $30. I picked up this combo and so far I like it.

Fixed power, a little on the heavy side, but a good scope. They sell a 6x, a 10x, 12x, and I think a 16x too, not 100% on the last one.

Mil reticle and options for MOA or Mil turret adjustment. They have a side focus version as well, but it costs more.

Page generated in 0.03200 seconds with 8 queries