Thread: Powder Measures
View Single Post
Old January 27, 2013, 01:48 AM   #4
Lost Sheep

My goodness, what took you so long?

When I started in 1975 on a single stage press it only took me one loading session to get a powder measure.

Now, I use the Lee Auto-Disk (Standard model or Pro) on my turret press for mid-range loads for the speed of processing in continuous mode.

When I loaded on a single stage press in batches I used a funnel and powder measure (or dippers) to fill 50 cases at a time. I eventually got rid of all my powder measures other than the Auto-Disks and dippers because when I need more accuracy than the Auto-Disk or dippers can give me, I weigh each charge.

Those are my choices. Everyone has their own which I cannot fault. Once you figure out what works best for you, go for it.

The Auto-disk (except for the Adjustable Charge Bar, which is limited in capacity) is not easily adjusted. They work well mounted on the Lee Powder-Through die, but not on other dies and while it will work hand-held, it not designed for it. It would work mounted in a stand, though the Lee Perfect would work better, but if you go that way, any other measure would do as well. The Auto-Disk's forte is mounted on a turret or progressive press.

If you are continuing to use a single stage press, I suggest making a dipper that metes your desired powder charge (or Lee's powder dippers for $14). Second choice, Lee Perfect Powder measure mounted in a stand.

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.03707 seconds with 8 queries