View Single Post
Old September 25, 2009, 06:25 PM   #12
mskdgunman

Juries are nortoriously unreliable (IMO) and have returend some of the stupidist verdicts I have ever seen. Any jury trial is 50% 50% no matter how good (or bad) your case is. Juries can become confused by tactics used by both sides and, lets face it, some people are just dumb. I've seen some stupid judges too and have had it pointed out to me that, just because they're a judge, doesn't necessariy mean they know the law or are that bright.

As always in these cases, I'd like to hear the rest of the story that being the stuff that was not in the article. Sometimes, the reason for a particular decision can be found in a small, missing detail that comes out in a trial. I'm not saying that this is the case here, just that it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm not sure what the laws are on repos where the incident took place but her (FL) I believe that you have to have paperwork in your possession when you go to grab a car. The no trespassing signs aren't an issue as long as they didn't have to break any kind of fence or lock to gain access to the area/vehicle (a no no)

Page generated in 0.03313 seconds with 8 queries