View Single Post
Old March 21, 2006, 04:23 PM   #37
LICCW

To each his own

I check out what people are firing and how. I observe the skills of the shooter first and then if I think the guy or gal knows what he's doing, I may ask about his firearm. Learned a lot about guns I've ben interested in by watching them in action and discussing them with their owner. I'm lucky in that I have access to a few different types of ranges. There is an old sand pit range near me that everyone goes to get out some stress. Guys put up jugs of water, bowling pins, all kinds of stuff on a birm 100 yards away. Gotta say its kind of fun to go there every once in awhile. Then there's my indoor range, whcih is a graet facility to seriously train with your pistol. I never see people behaving poorly or dangerously there. I'm a pretty good pistol shot (Dad taught me well--his department sent him to the FBI marskmanship school back in the 60's, and he's still a one hole shooter) but I see some truly great pistol shooting there. Then there's another range I use when I'm serious about rifle shooting. It has a no rapid fire, 5 rounds per mag policy. Its where you go to see the benchrest guys and competition guys doing their thing.

Page generated in 0.02140 seconds with 8 queries