View Single Post
Old May 7, 2000, 06:09 AM   #5
Ned Roundtree

My first season I had one Vaqueros , one Uberti revolver and a 94 Winchester rifle. Three of us used the same shotgun. An IGA sxs in 20 gauge that we jokingly called the "community" shotgun. I had a canvas cartridge belt and one holster. My second holster was borrowed. Today, I have none of the guns I started with. I have new gun leather and I use the old set to lend to cowpokes just getting started that show up with nothing. In most matches the shotgun is used but not to he extent of the other guns. Usually the shotgun is the easiiest to borrow if you have the ammo. I recommend lining up before hand someone to borrow the shotgun from. Then buying two revolvers and one rifle and gun leather. Get the shotgun later. A Rossi lever action, two vaqueros, and one IGA shotgun should cost you about $1280. If you went full hog with two colts, uberti rifle, '73 Winchester and 1897 Winchester pump the dollars could reach $3350. Most cowboys I know, not only have their costumes evolved over the years but their firearms are upgraded. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Ned Roundtree (edited May 07, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02710 seconds with 8 queries