View Single Post
Old November 6, 2002, 09:24 PM   #28
Rich Lucibella
Staff

ps:
Look for a 4 part article on ESI Life Force in the next year. Also note they are now a 2/3 page advertiser....now there's a classic conflict.
Went something like this:
I've had the utmost respect for Bob Dugan since he broke from traditional Hwa Rang Do Masters in the 60's to teach it to Americans. He built a truly remarkable VIP Security training school.

I personally called him for an ad. Within 5 minutes I was no longer interested in the ad...I wanted the editorial (that's what SELLs magazines). Within a day, a deal was made whereby Rob will be going thru the Entire 400 Hour Course. He'll tell our readers what it takes to get thru a program like this: the strengths, weaknesses, curriculum..all of it. He'll tell you, based on his first hand experience in VIP Protection, if it was worth it. (By the way...Rob's the same author that fairly shredded an Israeli Training Course in the July issue.)

Two weeks after finalizing the deal, I revisited the issue of advertising. Dugan didn't ask to see the first installment of the article before making up his mind. He decided that, if we have writers that dedicated, S.W.A.T. was the vehicle for him. Dugan is obviously not "conflicted"...he's confident that he offers value in his products. Rob will tell you if his self confidence is deserved.

Was that a conflict? Not for Me. Not for Bob Dugan. Not for Rob (he gets paid exactly $0 for 400 hours of work...the diploma, if he finishes and if it's of value, is his reward.) If you see a conflict, I suggest you stick to ShotGun news (a worthy publication, by the way. I'm a subscriber.)
Rich

Last edited by Rich Lucibella; November 6, 2002 at 11:43 PM.
Rich Lucibella is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03258 seconds with 8 queries