View Single Post
Old September 4, 1999, 08:49 PM   #16
Long Path

HaTedRugy: Hey, if your groups improve, that's certainly a good answer. I hadn't given much thought to the consideration of taming big recoil on high-brass shells with heavy charges of shot or slug. (Saw some #4's today at Wally World that were 3.75 drams equiv. of powder and 1 and 7/8 oz of shot!! Ouch!)

Vertical fore end would likely interfere with bench shooting, but THAT'S not what the gun's for, right?

I've gotta say, though, HatEdrUgy-- it's not a really great idea to keep one chambered in the Mossberg when you're not actively using the arm. Check out the safety on one of those, sometime. Consider that a long gun is not the personal weapon that a pistol is, and that you will have a few seconds to engage a long gun. I agree about the racking sound being a bit overstated by many, and I sort of put that in the general category of "warning shots"-- I don't give any. But... a rack can come fairly quietly, if you practice. Although the tactic is questionable, there is, in times of necessary stealth, the "rack-bang" technique. (No, I'm not a big fan of it, but whatcha' gonna do?)

Actually, I believe we've spotted a "TACTICAL" niche that has yet to be filled: The STEALTH shotgun, quiet to charge.

Hmmmm....

Page generated in 0.03449 seconds with 8 queries