View Single Post
Old September 8, 2022, 03:25 PM   #3
TunnelRat

Safest Glock Gen5 trigger enhancements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild cat mccane View Post
I'm not looking to pretend to turn my gen5 G19 into a single action gun. I want to keep the safety of a Glock.

However, I would appreciate less take up and a less long reset. Too much to do safely? That's fine.
I think from my perspective the second paragraph essentially removes the “safety of a Glock”, at least relative to the other options out there. If I want a better trigger than a Glock I honestly just buy a different pistol because to me while the Glock doesn’t have a great trigger (though the Gen 5 trigger seems decent) it’s never held me back shooting against people with subjectively better triggers in other pistols.

That said, there are a ton of aftermarket Glock triggers, with some geared for competition, some for defense, and some essentially change the trigger shoe and the geometry of the trigger itself. If you don’t want to change the amount the striker is cocked or the weight of the break, you’ll have to do some digging. That last category I mentioned, geometry, might be your best bet. You have Overwatch Precision, Apex, the list goes on. I have done connector swaps in the past and while they can change the break weight and some of the feel, they often reduced the strength of the reset, which is something I like in Glocks relative to other, lighter triggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.03730 seconds with 8 queries