View Single Post
Old September 5, 2013, 02:51 PM   #40
Colokeb

Two in my 71 years....both 22 caliber

We were jeeping with friends near Doctor's Park between Almont and Taylor Park ( CO ) ....it was 1968.

A bunch of Blue Grouse ran into a schrub sized evergreen. I parked while the other four passengers watched. I was wearing a High Standard Double 9 22 LR revolver.

I kicked the bush and up flow two Blues. Bam! Bam!

They both dropped dead. The watchers were quite amazed, and I waited a while to tell that I was loaded with 22 bird shot. Nevertheless, not bad, huh?

============

Three years ago on the grass air-strip where I have been killing prairie dogs for maybe 7 years, I was set up with a bench, as was my buddy, Joe.

I had seen and taken one wild pot shot at a dog near the north end, and there was some dust, but it was a deep miss but the hit point straight on the verticle of the 12x scope. The gun was a Marlin 60.

About 10 minutes later he came back up, and I said "watch this shot at the far off dog".

Bam. I held him on the bottom curve of the scope. He flipped upside down with his legs kicking.

I had to measure it. So I went down the runway with my Nikon Laser. The Subaru made a hard laser target and it was just 5 feet to the side of my bench.

346 Yards.

Calculated that my arc had to peak 19 feet above the impact point.

Page generated in 0.02550 seconds with 8 queries