View Single Post
Old June 11, 2012, 08:44 AM   #17
mes228

Ruger

WOW!!! My experience with the SR-9 is a little different. I purchased a NIB SR-9 and liked the pistols ergos etc. UNTIL I PULLED THE TRIGGER. Absolutely the worst trigger I've ever pulled. I'd guess 15 lbs. or so - much worse than any double action revolver I've seen. So bad the pistol was immediately unacceptable. Long story short, I owned it one day, and never fired it.

I traded it for a USED SR-9c with no box or papers etc. and gave $50 cash difference. I figured it would cost me $60 to Fed Ex the SR-9 back to Ruger and tell them the abomination of a trigger was totally unacceptable. Then wait several weeks for them to fix it. The SR-9c is only barely acceptable. Much worse than Glock, Springfield's and other plastic pistols I've owned. What on earth is Ruger thinking with these pistols triggers?? I really like Ruger products, even the Ruger pistols I've owned (probably 20 or more ie all the P series pistols, including the P345 which is a very good pistol). How can Ruger copy Glock's trigger and even make it much worse.
I haven't fired the SR-9c yet, just dry fired it (with mag in). It's a very long way from an XD or MP or Glock trigger. Your mileage may vary.

Page generated in 0.02593 seconds with 8 queries