View Single Post
Old May 30, 2012, 07:31 PM   #13
Hansam

Quote:
shooting sows only makes it worse with piglets turning into rouge pigs or whatever you wanna call them
So let me ask this then since I'm fairly ignorant about the behavior of feral/wild hogs...

How is a rogue pig worse than a pig that grew up with a sow to feed on? As adults and even as weaned adolescents they both destroy fields by rooting for grubs and roots right? They both cause immense amounts of damage where they are present right? A rogue male will still find a female and reproduce right? A rogue female will still go into heat and reproduce with a male right?

So please educate me on how its different... or are you anthropomorphizing with the piglets and thinking that losing their mother will somehow be a hardship for them? If that's the case then I strongly urge you to seek out those piglets after you shoot their mother and put them out of their burgeoning hardship with a bullet of their own. That's what I would do and I'm sure most other hunters in this country.

Perhaps wherever you live these creatures are native and as such you can give them a bit of sympathy. Here they are NOT native and are a threat to agriculture and natural habitat for native species. That means that every feral hog I come across already has a death sentence on it and I'll carry out that sentence swiftly and without hesitation. If its a mother with multiple piglets suckling from its teets then I'll shoot the mother first and dispatch with the piglets afterwards. I assure you that there will be no sadness or sympathy for these animals in my mind or heart as I put a bullet in every one I find, boar, sow or piglet. If they manage to get a foothold in the state I live in I am also sure I won't be the only one who will be out there hunting them every chance I get and every one I come across will be given an earnest effort in killing it.

Page generated in 0.02175 seconds with 8 queries