View Single Post
Old December 19, 2011, 02:27 PM   #26
nate45

Here are some good questions for anyone contemplating the fast draw...When are you going to use a fast draw? Why would you need to? Are you by necessity in a high risk position? Are you really bad at situational awareness?

IF someone has a firearm trained on you and IF they momentarily avert their attention, you might be able to draw, fire and hit them, before they shoot you. Maybe, depending on who it was and even if you do hit them first, they might very easily still shoot you. By the way, the proceeding only applies to someone who has lots and lots of practice and is wearing their handgun in a manner that can be quickly accessed.

If its a situation where someone starts shooting at you first, when you least expect it. Well, unless your assailant is a terrible shot, you've been shot and what any human would be able to do from that point is highly uncertain. I try to keep an open mind and I know there are exceptional people in the world. However, if anyone claims they can calmly respond to an unexpected assault by gunfire...lets just say I have my doubts.

As others have noted being able to smoothy access you handgun without fumbling it, is a more valuable asset than a split second draw. Being able to shoot accurate 1.5 second Mozambique drills and 2 second magazine dumps is neat, but I'm not sure how valuable it is in the real world.

Page generated in 0.03983 seconds with 8 queries