View Single Post
Old October 27, 2011, 10:35 PM   #1
Fargazer

Happy with new Colt AR

Well, I've taken the plunge (with some help from this thread) and gotten my first AR - a Colt 6920 Sporter with the factory installed MagPul furniture. I've put a couple hundred rounds through it stock, and after a bit of thought, tweaked it a bit to where now I really REALLY like it:
  • Put an extra thick rubber buttpad on the stock; a bit more comfy now for both my wife and I.
  • Put a hydraulic buffer in it - follow up shots are now noticeably faster.
    • I've had good feedback from Enidine product users (Mesa Tactical Stock uses an Enidine piston as an option), so I was willing to spend the extra coin. If I hadn't had that feedback, I would have gone for one of Spike's buffers for significantly less.
  • Put a Geissele Super Dynamic 3Gun trigger on it - O My Word It Is Smooth! Very very happy with it; thanks to Flopsweat for the suggestion to get a Geissele
    • Did I mention I'm very happy with the trigger?
  • Put a Vortex SPARC 2MOA red dot on it, and co-witnessed it to the front sight post. For the money, it's a great device; it's no Eotech or Aimpoint, but then I'm not risking my life with the rifle either.
  • Coated the metal with a thin layer of Militech, went over it with with a hair dryer; then went shooting. If Militech works as well as it does on my P99, it should be much easier to clean - I'll know more as time goes by.
I did try out the LaRue RISR cheekpiece, but my head position is better without it. I'm going to sell / trade it at the next local swap meet.

My wife and I both are very pleased with the gun; thanks to all for the suggestions. My only concern is that my wife likes it so much, she may consider it "hers" (which will limit my shooting time with it a bit)

Page generated in 0.02545 seconds with 8 queries