View Single Post
Old June 6, 2011, 11:46 PM   #17
HiBC

now,AMT,please understand there is no ill will.I hope you won't give up on posting.
I was not there,and I don't know what happened.I am a hobbyist who works on his own stuff,and I am getting my 1911 education by sometimes buying parts twice.I did buy Wilson's combat CD series on smithing the 1911.They show installation of the tritium sights using the tool described.Trijicon says use the tool.I don't have the staking tool.I do have access to a Bridgeport and dovetail cutters.just my preference,a good stake job is probably what I would prefer.
You might get away with a hammer driven Brownell's staking tool,but your smith cannot afford to buy new sights if the vial breaks.

I do think sending it in is a fine idea.
You know,generally,to have a Gunsmith shingle out,and pay your bills,you can't really be an idiot very often.You pretty well better take pride in your work,and folks will find any flaw you put in their gun.Many won't understand what it takes,or why it costs $75 to do what seems like a simple little job,say,fit a cool new thumb safety to a 1911 that the customer bought,and the post is out of square .There ain't no drop in 1911 parts.
So,if you are in the man's shop with the idea he is an idiot,you are probably putting out disrespect vibes.
I hope you have thick enough skin and enough sense of humor to laugh at yourself.I do,often.Sometimes I call myself an idiot before I order another part.I also make typos,and sometimes I don't even care if I mis spell a word.
There is just some perfect irony there.

Page generated in 0.03068 seconds with 8 queries