View Single Post
Old August 22, 2010, 10:59 PM   #35
WC145

Quote:
I still don't see the point of dropping a mag with rounds left in it.
My point and question is this, after doing a re-load say you fire 3 rounds. Now what are you going to drop the mag and insert the original? Why do mag changes when unnecessary? What are you going to do if per say you drop the fully loaded mag after dropping the mag from the gun?
I have seen many a shooter in IDPA drop mags, fumbling with them trying to do a re-load WITH NO ONE SHOOTING BACK!
I still say stay in the fight and shoot to slide lock, then re-load. Why run the risk of screwing up a re-load with rounds still left in the mag.
All I can see is a ton of stress causing problems with doing a unnecessary re-load. Just my opinion and that is what the OP is asking for.
You don't drop a partially loaded mag and walk away from it, when you're fighting/shooting, you fire to slide lock then reload, if the action stops and it's safe you reload with a full mag and retain the partially loaded mag.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.03226 seconds with 8 queries