View Single Post
Old July 16, 2010, 10:36 AM   #32
mack59

I won't belabor what has been said already - NRA is right to stay focused on the RKBA and support politicians who support the RKBA regardless of party. Also the NRA protects the RKBA in ways that no other national pro-RKBA group can - by supporting the shooting sports, hunting, firearms training and safety programs, they help to introduce the next generation to responsible gun ownership. (The best argument to change an anti-RKBA persons mind is to take them shooting and give them a fun and safe experience - do it more than once and introduce them to other responsible and open minded shooters and you will destroy their prejudices and ignorance and more often than not plant the seeds for a new RKBA's advocate)

I think it is a good thing that we have so many pro-RKBA groups - none of us are going to agree all the time with any of them - but I think they all serve an important role - NRA, SAF, the many state level organizations, JPFO, GOA, the Appleseed project, and so on. There is no reason not to support more than one.

As far as Redstate or like minded conservative commentators or groups - I hope they understand that by attacking the NRA, in the manner they have been, they may suffer blowback. Whereas they hope to alienate voters and members from the NRA - instead what they may end up doing is alienating voters and NRA members from their causes - people who might have been inclined to support them. I for one look not just to the message but also the method as that often is a clue to character - and to me character is important. The over the top and exagerated claims and attacks of Redstate undercut their message for me. Such that I am not inclined to support or give much credence to anything they say - as in my opinion they are acting like cheap political hacks.

Page generated in 0.03974 seconds with 8 queries