View Single Post
Old February 20, 2013, 04:24 PM   #18
BigJimP

After I clean my 9mm cases.....I do a little bit of sorting....to make sure I get all of the .380's out of the mix...and to weed out some of the cases, like S&B, that have tapered primer pockets in them....

I seem to be picking up a fair amount of odd-ball cases lately ....that aren't marked 9mm luger.../ S&B is just one of them....( must be stuff that is being sold at the gunshows or something ).....

I go thru the cleaned cases pretty quickly ....I bunch them together - each one base down...on my bench top....- grab a handful, inspect the marks....and toss out anything I don't like...( I would also see a case that is abnormally short vs the others...) ....I pick up about a dozen at one time - roll them over, make sure no cleaning media is left in them....and then drop them in a 10gallon tub - marked "cleaned & sorted" ....or the garbage can on my other side....
---------------------------
I don't match them up by head stamp or any other lots...at that point, I toss them into a cardboard box lid...on their sides...and spritz them with Dillon spray lube (lightly ) ....let them dry about 15 min ....and then dump them into my case feeder..../ and run them thru my press...

I loaded 8 boxes ( 400 rds ) in about 30 min this morning ...listening to the radio...before I came to my office...

The last step tonite....I will roll them around, under my hand, on a terry cloth towel on my bench .....and then case gague each round ( drop it in and out ) to make sure there are no cracks, or anything that showed up after the bullets were pressed into the cases....and box them up .../ hold them in inventory as needed....

( I shoot about 15,000 rds of 9mm a year).....sorting by headstamp / or fussing with trimming, etc ....would drive me nuts... I don't trim any handgun calibers...not even .357 mag or .44 mag...

Page generated in 0.02204 seconds with 8 queries